Job Description & How to Apply Below
A full time, exempt position responsible for providing preventive and primary dental care consistent with the dentist’s training and experience in a community health clinic setting to patients of the clinic.
- Examines individuals requesting care, diagnoses their dental condition, prescribes and carries out, or directs others in carrying out, appropriate dental treatment, or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines.
- Records patient-dentist transactions as they occur in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care of treatment provided. In addition, the dentist shall complete patient referrals and other records and paper work as shall be required from time by the corporation.
- Educates individuals in the nature of health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease prevention.
- Assists in the provision of continuing education. On the job training will be available as well as the orientation of the Dental clinic staff as requested.
- Participates in a rotating on-call schedule for Clinic patients as assigned.
- Participates in the Dental Clinic’s PI program.
- Travels as necessary to meet operational needs.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Dental Director or as necessary to achieve organizational goals and program objectives.
- Maintains and updates skills and knowledge to appropriate professional levels with continuing education courses and educational materials.
- Responsible for personal and professional compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and Clinic rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing practice of dentistry and the clinical provision of Dental care as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personal issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of Infection & Exposure control and sterile techniques for a dental practice.
- Supervises Dental Department compliance, relative to Infection & Exposure Control and safety, as required by local State, and Federal guidelines, Dental Department directive’s and protocol’s, and clinic policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with support staff, providing clear expectations.
Works with lead provider and Clinic Administrator to attain goals for efficiency, satisfaction, and productivity.
Search for further Jobs Here: