Fastbraces Los Angeles, CA | Dr. David Hakham, Dentist in Montebello
How Fastbraces Work Whereas traditional braces use square brackets and a series of differently shaped…
How Fastbraces Work
Whereas traditional braces use square brackets and a series of differently shaped wires over the course of two to three years, as explained by the California Association of Orthodontics, Fastbraces brackets utilize a unique triangular shape and a single, square-shaped wire over a period of three months to about one year. The triangular brackets allow for a wider gap between wire connection points, which enables Fastbraces to move both the crown and the root of each tooth simultaneously. The consolidation of these two types of movement shortens the overall treatment time.
“Fastbraces brackets utilize a unique triangular shape and a single, square-shaped wire over a period of three months to about one year.”
Benefits of Fastbraces
In addition to being associated with shorter treatment times, Fastbraces seldom require extractions. Although extractions are often prescribed as a preliminary step before braces, they are not always needed to correct crowding. With this technology, most patients will not need extractions because the system makes room for all natural teeth.
Instead of focusing only on cosmetic effects, Fastbraces® practitioners prioritize the restoration of a patient’s natural tooth alignment. They do this by working to restore teeth to the positions where they would have naturally erupted if they had not been crooked. Working on the basis of the patient’s natural jaw structure, instead of arbitrary ideas of what constitutes an ideal smile, can yield a more natural-looking result compared with that of traditional braces.
“Fastbraces® practitioners prioritize the restoration of a patient’s natural tooth alignment.”
Good Candidates for Fastbraces
Fastbraces® have been used successfully on patients in all age groups. Our team assesses each patient’s situation and goals before recommending treatment. Patients are advised to make an appointment with our team to determine if this treatment is right for them. Issues that Fastbraces may treat include:
- Tooth gaps
Many users report less pain and discomfort during treatment compared with users of traditional braces. This makes them ideal for children and those with sensitive mouths. Teenagers may appreciate the shorter treatment time with Fastbraces so they can get on with their lives and not be wearing braces in every yearbook photo. For adults, the added advantages of this system are less frequent adjustment appointments and the option for tooth-colored brackets and wires.
“Teenagers may appreciate the shorter treatment time with Fastbraces® so they can get on with their lives and not be wearing braces in every yearbook photo.”
How to Keep Fastbraces Clean
Good oral hygiene is vital for everyone, but especially for people who wear braces, including Fastbraces. The brackets used during braces treatment are an ideal place for bacteria to hide and grow. Therefore it is important to thoroughly clean the mouth, teeth, and braces after every meal and after drinking anything that would tend to stain the teeth.
A study published in The Journal Nutrition Research found that any high-acid beverages, not just the obvious ones like coffee and red wine, cause dental erosion and tooth staining. Many people are shocked when they get their braces off and discover that the area where the brackets were attached are considerably whiter than the surrounding area. Avoid this by practicing good oral hygiene and getting regular cleanings while wearing Fastbraces®.
“Good oral hygiene is vital for everyone, but especially for people who wear braces, including Fastbraces.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Are Fastbraces® better than traditional braces?
A. For some patients, Fastbraces® may be a better option than traditional square braces. Less time wearing braces means less time with teeth and gums under strain. Also, because it can be difficult to clean around braces, the shorter treatment time may help patients to maintain good oral health over the long term.
Q. Are Fastbraces® affordable?
A. Fastbraces® treatment often costs significantly less than treatment with traditional square braces. This is not only because of the shorter treatment time but also because fewer adjustment appointments are needed. Dental insurance may cover part of the cost, and financing may be available.
Q. Are Fastbraces® better than clear aligners?
A. Fastbraces® work differently than clear aligners. The option that is right for each patient depends on many factors, so discuss both possibilities with a dentist. One thing to consider is that clear aligners require self-discipline because it is up to the patient to wear them at the appropriate times. Braces, on the other hand, are cemented to the teeth and cannot be removed or forgotten by the patient.
Q. Do Fastbraces® work in all situations?
A. Although Fastbraces® are appropriate for many people with many different types of malocclusion, they are not for everyone. Depending on the acuteness of the crowding, spacing, misalignment, and other issues, different treatments may be recommended. This system is only used on patients with generally healthy teeth and gums.
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
Scan here to view this page, Fastbraces, on mobile
- Cephalometric X-Rays
- Cephalometric X-rays are a necessary step in the orthodontic treatment process that allows professionals to view an X-ray of the head and determine if the teeth are in proper alignment.
- Hypoplasia is the incomplete development of tissue in the body, including the improper growth of teeth that requires orthodontic care.
- Malocclusion is the condition in which the upper and lower teeth do not meet properly when the bite is closed. Conditions of malocclusion can include overbite, underbite, crossbite and open bite; all of which are treatable with Invisalign®.
- Orthodontic Brackets
- Orthodontic brackets are the portion of the braces that attach to the teeth and hold the wires in place. The brackets remain on the teeth with a type of dental glue.
- Panoramic X-Rays
- Panoramic X-rays are X-rays from a machine that rotates completely around the head to display a picture of the teeth, jaw and other parts of the mouth.
- Root Resorption
- Root resorption occurs when there is no tooth in a socket to stimulate the jaw and the body absorbs the calcium from the jawbone to other areas in the body.
Where To Get Fastbraces
If you are looking for a quick and comfortable tooth-straightening method, Fastbraces® may be the right option. Talk to our dentist today. Call Dr. David Hakham, Dentist in Montebello at (323) 728-0241 to get your questions answered.
Helpful Related Links
About our business, license, and website security
- Dr. David Hakham, Dentist in Montebello was established in 2009.
- Better Business Bureau. View BBB Business Review
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Los Angeles County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Los Angeles, Montebello, Whittier, Downey, Commerce, Alhambra and Pico Rivera
- CA (License #58584). View License Information and Specifics
- National Provider Identifier Database (1679704621). View NPI Registry Information
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Scan here to open directions to Dr. David Hakham, Dentist in Montebello on mobile