Los Angeles – Los Angeles County – CA California – USA
ST JOHN’S WELL CHILD and Family Center, INC
Listed on 2021-12-29
Clinic, Allied Health, Oral Health
Job Description & How to Apply Below
POSITION SUMMARY Diagnose and treats diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth and gingiva, and related oral structures by performing the following duties
Duties and Responsibilities:
Proficient in all aspects of general dentistry including the ability to perform selected specialty services. Specifically, the provider should possess the expertise and competency to perform the following:
- Assist in patient scheduling to assure dental clinic productivity and appropriate management of dental patients.
- Communicate dental treatment information to patients, parents or guardians and clinical staff in a clear and effective manner.
- Diagnose pathological or irregular oral conditions.
- Document and chart in the patients dental records appropriately, using EDR and ability to effectively use practice management software (Dentrix) to schedule, chart, document and bill.
- Interpret radiograph; examine, diagnose, and treatment plan diseases and abnormalities and disorders of the oral and facial structure.
- Perform routine preventative, periodontal, oral surgery, endodontic, and prosthodontics treatment.
- Provide quality dental services to patients efficiently.
- Provides limited supervision of dental staff assigned to their clinic location and oversee management of equipment and supplies.
- Refer to specialist(s) when required
- Restore health and function of carious and defective teeth and administer anesthesia as needed to carry out the procedures
- Willing to work late shifts and Saturdays
- Willing to work with children
- Positive and pleasant attitude
- Willing to learn and adjust within an organization
- Neat and meticulous
- Good and effective communication skills
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education & Experience: (Required)
- Graduate dentist with state license or regional boards and eligible to practice Dentistry in California
-The preference is for a General Dentist with min of 2-3 yrs exp.
• Strong charting/documentation skills.
• OJT accredited
• Bilingual English/Spanish (Preferred)
• Proficient Microsoft Office and Excel (familiarity with medical terminology).
– Electronic Dental Record (Preferred)
– Practice Management System (Preferred)
• Familiarity with dental management programs, such as Dentrix
• DDS, OSHA Certification, CPR License, X-ray Radiation License
• Employees are responsible for maintaining individual certifications as required by job function or by law and provide
verification and recertification when requested by management.
Search for further Jobs Here: