Los Angeles – Los Angeles County – CA California – USA
White Memorial Community Health Center
Listed on 2021-11-15
Allied Health, Oral Health
Job Description & How to Apply Below
Position: P/T Dentist
Dentist, General Dentistry Part Time
About the Organization:
White Memorial Community Health Center (WMCHC) is a non-profit community health center whose mission is to inspire, provide, and coordinate access to high quality comprehensive healthcare services to individuals and families, regardless of ability to pay.
At WMCHC, we believe that the success of our healthcare mission is directly linked to our people. We are proud of our team. Their high professional standards, integrity, honesty, enthusiasm and dedication bring our mission to life.
WMCHC is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The dentist is responsible for providing clinical general dental services and preventive dental care in a community health center setting for patients of all ages.
- Examine, diagnose, and treat dental disease using accepted standards in oral surgery, operative, endodontic, periodontics and prosthodontic dentistry.
- Develop and manage dental treatment plans in compliance with the Mission, Policies and Procedures of the Clinic.
- Keep abreast and in compliance with all OSHA, Dental Board of California, and other Federal, State, County and City requirements affecting the delivery of dental care.
- Utilize standardized procedures for basic dental delivery; and provide emergency dental service, prescribe medication in accordance with the Standard of Care.
- The dentist shall ensure accurate accounts and documentation of the procedures performed.
- Oversee the infection control, hazardous waste policies and procedures, the radiation safety and the maintenance of appropriate logs.
- Ensure that dental instruments/tools are cleaned, gabbed, sterilized and stored for safety in accordance with the applicable rules and regulations. Adhere to dental radiography and film processing mandates and regulations.
- Graduation from an American Dental Association (ADA) approved school of dentistry (i.e. DDS or DMD)
- Unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of California
- Current CPR certification
- DEA registration
- Knowledge of public health principles and practices preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work in a team environment
Job Type: Part-time
Search for further Jobs Here: